- Why was St. Paul’s practice of giving thanks for those in conflict with one another so important to the Church today?
- What does peacemaking expose, in reference to leadership?
- If we are fighting against a brother or sister in the faith, we are ____________________________________.
- What is the problem with asserting our “knowledge”, our “rights” and our “self” in the midst of conflict, even when we may be the innocent party?
5. Is mediation a pastoral matter? Explain your views on this question.
6. Why does the author refer to mediation as “a unique calling of the Church?
7. Briefly discuss both the roles and the goals of a mediator.
8. Briefly describe the mediation process.
9. How does arbitration differ from mediation? Briefly explain.
10. Name at least four objections people, even leaders raise regarding church discipline.
11. Briefly discuss the basic biblical principles of Church discipline.
12. Briefly state the manner in which the “keys” or principles of church discipline need to be exercised.
13. When, in the process of church discipline do you or do you not involve the entire church body?
14. What, according to Oswald Chambers is the “greatest competitor to devotion to Jesus”?
15. When considering peacemaking in the church what are the questions leaders need to ask themselves?
16. What is the biblical basis for covenant membership? Explain briefly.
17. What part do “the ordinary means of grace” play in peacemaking?