When evaluating research, it is important to consider gaps that exist in the current knowledge base
When evaluating research, it is important to consider gaps that exist in the current knowledge base. Reflecting on the research that you did for your Annotated Bibliography last week, think of an area in the research that seems to be lacking or in which there is a controversy. You will do this by first coming up with an appropriate applied social psychology research question. Watch theDeveloping a Research Question video, which explains how to formulate a research question and provides examples of research questions. Then, you will create a short presentation (either a screencast or PowerPoint recording) in which you will propose your idea for a study or an experiment to try and answer your research question.
Your research proposal presentation must include the following:
- Your clearly stated research question
- Your hypothesis
- An explanation as to why this topic of research is important/necessary
- Scientific support for your hypothesis (drawn from annotated bibliography)
- An explanation of the research design (experimental or non-experimental)
- A description of the procedure that explains
- How many participants you will need
- What participants will do to complete the study
- What results you expect to find
Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers. In your responses, ask your fellow classmates some follow-up questions or provide suggestions. You may want to ask your classmates to clarify some things, identify some potential issues they may want to consider, and provide them with some suggestions for the study. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. MST on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper