Watch the following video Bullying: What Every Adult Needs to Know.
Intervening With Peer Violence
Watch the following video Bullying: What Every Adult Needs to Know. Be sure to take notes as you watch as you will apply what you learn to the following questions:
- At times we have heard bullies say that they did not intend to cause any problems with their peers and that they were merely having fun. They may indicate that the child who says they are the victim of bullying is overreacting. How should schools or other adults respond to this statement?
- Compare the characteristics of those who are bullies to the victims of bullying. Describe a scenario that could result in a bullying incident when children with these characteristics come into contact with each other.
- How can teachers and parents be involved in monitoring bullying behavior and what actions should they take if they suspect a child has become the victim of bullying?
- Describe an intervention program that you would develop to address the behavior of children who are bullies and explain your rationale.
- Discuss how issues of gender and diversity might be reflected in bullying incidents of bullying.
Your response should be at least 5 – 6 pages long and include
a cover page and reference list. (Not Including in the 5 pages)
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Bullying: What Every Adult Needs to Know. See Attachment
Please do not use Wikipedia.
Must use three references
Must use as one of references:
|Title:||Handbook of Children, Culture, and Violence|
|Author:||Dorothy G. Singer (Editor); Robin Fretwell Wilson (Editor); Nancy E. Dowd|
|Publisher:||SAGE Publications, Incorporated|
Designate at Least One Page per Area
Grading Criteria area 1 — 5
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|1) Explained appropriate response to statements made by bullies that their behavior was not intended to be bullying and that victims are overreacting.|
|2) Compared characteristics of bullies and victims and described how bullying might occur when these children with these characteristics intersect.|
|3) Discussed monitoring and actions that teachers and parents can implement to address bullying.|
|4) Described an intervention program for bullies.|
|5) Discussed the role of gender and diversity in bullying.|
|6) Wrote in a clear, concise and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.|
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper