Throughout this course, you will be designing a Counseling Group from start to finish. The assignment will be broken into four parts, which are due at different intervals in the course. For the three-part assignment, choose from the following group types (If you are in the addiction counseling program, select an addiction group):
- Children of divorce
- Children of addicts
- Adult Survivors of abuse (could be sexual or physical)
- Treatment for adults who are addicts
- Grief recovery
- Teens struggling with gender dysphoria (sexual identity)
- Teen support group (parents who are addicts)
- Relationship building (homosexual and heterosexual – there does not have to be a division because a group is a group)
- Domestic violence group for nonoffenders
- Parenting group
Identify what type of group you will design by selecting one of the group types listed above.
Write a 300-600-word summary of your selected group.
Be sure to include the following in your summary:
- Group type
- Why you chose this type of group
- Population serving
- Number of sessions
- Number of participants
- Goals of the counseling group
- A minimum of two scholarly references, not including the course textbook
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Must Pass Turn it In with less than 5%
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.6.b. Dynamics associated with group process and development.
2.F.6.c. Therapeutic factors and how they contribute to group effectiveness.
2.F.6.d. Characteristics and functions of effective group leaders.
2.F.6.f. Types of groups and other considerations that affect conducting groups in varied settings.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standard:
94) Describe and summarize client behavior within the group for the purpose of documenting the client’s progress and identifying needs/issues that may require modification of the treatment plan.