Throughout this course, many opportunities are available to post an initial response to a Discussion
Throughout this course, many opportunities are available to post an initial response to a Discussion topic as well as to respond to your classmates’ responses. After you have completed the reading, and without reviewing your classmates’ responses, post your initial response to the following Discussion. Your post should be at least 350 words in length and should extend the discussion of the group supported by your course materials and/or other appropriate resources. After you have submitted your initial post, review some of your classmates’ posts and respond to at least two of your classmates. Refer to your Discussion Board Rubric in your Syllabus for specific grading explanation.
Multiculturalism and Diversity in Policy and Programs in Human Service Delivery
To help prepare you for the Unit 6 Assignment, this discussion will analyze multiculturalism and diversity, social justice principles, systemic or institutional barriers, and inequality and poverty as they relate to human service policies and programs. In the Unit 5 Discussion, you researched a program. Now you will research the policy that influences the program.
Please review the sites below to research a policy:
- Library of Congress: Congress.Gov. Retrieved from https://www.congress.gov/
- Child Welfare Information Gateway: Laws & Policies. Retrieved from https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/
After finding a policy, please respond to the following:
- Identify the policy you have selected.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the policy in terms of how well it addresses multiculturalism and diversity?
- For example, does the policy specifically reach out to diverse populations or does it ignore or limit the multicultural dimensions of helping?
- On a practice level, and from researching your program, does the program share similar strengths and weaknesses in addressing multiculturalism and diversity?
- How does the program and policy address at least two of the following: social justice principles, systemic or institutional barriers, or inequality and poverty?
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper