This week we’ll be reading this article by Lupien et al. 2009
Please read the article closely, answer the following questions (save your answers in a Word document and the copy and paste them here):
- Provide the full reference to this article using this format: Author 1 Last Name, First name initials; Author 2 Last Name, First name initials, (Year of publication). Article title. Journal name in italics Volume#(Issue#): start_page:end_page.
Shendelman S, Jonason A, Martinat C, Leete T and Abeliovich A. 2004. DJ-1 is a redox-dependent molecular chaperone that inhibits alpha-synuclein aggregate formation. Plos Biology 2(11): 1764-1773.
- Is this article primary or secondary literature? If secondary literature, is it a meta-analysis? See: how to distinguish primary vs secondary literature.
- What is the thesis of the article?
- A) Point to 3 examples of evidence that authors use to support their thesis and B) explain how it connects to the authors’ thesis.
- A) Point to one caveat the authors present that may challenge their thesis. B) Explain how this factor connects to the authors thesis.
Don’t use quotes, you need to summarize the findings using your own words.