The paper has to do with cultural competence which is the ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures. Cultural competence encompasses: being aware of one’s own world view, developing positive attitudes towards cultural differences.
· MLA format – Typed in black ink using a Times New Roman – 12 point font – double-spaced – one inch margins (top, bottom, right & left)
· Include a “Works Cited” page for the two sources quoted in your paper
· Three (3) full pages
Cultural Competence ~ Violence in Society
Watch the movie: Lost in Translation
(Please Note: You may also watch the movie online (Netflix, etc.).
1) What do our beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors contribute or take away from ourselves and others?
2) How does this movie make you think differently about how you can impact cultural diversity problems, etc.?
3) Name at least three issues you noticed in the movie that contributed to cultural competence situations. How should these situations have been handled? Please be specific in your answer citing the outcomes.
4) What have you learned about yourself from this movie? How does it make you a better person?
5) How has your own culture shaped your world view? How can you adjust your actions to successfully interact with someone from another culture?
6) Locate two sources from the online databases about helping behaviors and how they can lead to significant improvements within society regarding cultural competence, etc. Include at least one quote from each source in your paper. Be sure to include a “Works Cited” page in your paper.