The Case of Allen
Allen is a 70-year-old widowed male. He reports that he is still trying to recover from the loss of his wife, who died in an accident a year ago. He is having trouble sleeping and frequently finds himself tearful when he is alone. His children are grown and live in other states. They have expressed concern that he doesn’t seem himself and they hate seeing him lonely. They are urging him to move to be closer to one of them, but he reports that he doesn’t have the energy to pick up his life and relocate. He is seeking counseling to find out how he can move forward in his life.
- Identify the primary question the assessment needs to address for your identified scenario. What is the primary presenting concern of the client or clients in your scenario?
- Provide a clear description of the assessment tool and measure of the identified problem. Use evidence from the literature to support your description.
- Describe how the assessment is scored and interpreted. In your description of the assessment’s scoring and interpretation, be certain to incorporate the measurement constructs (such as reliability and validity) you have learned about throughout this course. Be certain to discuss the ways in which the assessment is validated for use with diverse clients.
- Evaluate how the assessment is linked to the practice of counseling. As the counselor for your identified scenario, how does the assessment tool support your work as a counselor? Be certain to discuss its applicability to initial assessment. Then, go beyond initial assessment, to examine the ways you could use the assessment throughout the counseling process.
- Evaluate how the tool can be used with diverse clients as part of an ethical assessment process. How would you present the assessment results to your client or clients? Describe the process of presenting assessment results with a clear consideration of the client’s unique cultural context. Be certain to identify the relevant sections of the code of ethics for your profession (ACA, AAMFT, or ASCA).
5 scholarly resources
*Use case study provided at the beginning of post-The Case of Allen
*There are 5 bullets, each bullet is its on section. Include bullet headings in paper and address all text under each bullet heading