The Big Five Personality Test
How true is each of the following characteristics in describing me?
Scale O: Openness to Experience [high score of 34](curious versus consistent). People with high scores are described as adventurous, daring, imaginative, and variety loving.
Scale C: Conscientiousness [high score of 34] (organized versus careless). People with high scores are described as well organized, scrupulous, responsible, and reliable.
Scale E: Extroversion [second highest score of 33](social versus reserved). People with high scores are described as outgoing, sociable, friendly, and people oriented.
Scale A: Agreeableness [third highest score of 32](compassionate versus contentious). People with high scores are described as good-natured, considerate, cooperative, and kind.
Scale N: Neuroticism [lowest score of 22](nervous versus calm). People with high scores are described as anxious, emotional, temperamental, and highly strung.
Your CEO is looking for someone to head up the Potato-Smashing department. This person must be highly critical, and a bit pessimistic. They also need to be dutiful and willing to follow instructions at all cost. High attention to detail, and more focus on the tasks of potato smashing than the people doing the smashing! Potato smashing is a big deal. In the city of Spud, mashed potatoes make up 45% of the GDP; and Potatoes ‘R’ Us is a monopoly. The CEO needs to see your Big Five Personality scores, and a brief explanation as to why you are, or are not a good fit.
Based on your Big Five Personality scores, and what you know from the readings, would you make a good fit for the new Manager of Potato Smashing role?
Be sure to do the following:
- Report how you scored for each scale. (Listed above)
- Explain how you would interpret each score.
- Provide an overall conclusion of why you are or are not a good fit for the case study.
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source in addition to your textbook… Manning. (2021). ISE EBOOK ONLINE ACCESS FOR THE ART OF LEADERSHIP (Sixth ed.). New York, NY: MCGRAW-HILL US HIGHER ED.)