A minimum 5-page paper* on a topic or person in psychology. The paper should be double-spaced with no more than 1-inch margins. In addition to the 5 pages of content the paper must include a reference page citing sources. Citations must be in APA format. An example of APA format will be provided.
If your paper is on a topic it must include the following elements:
- An introduction to the topic.
- History of the topic in psychology.
- At least two key people who either developed theories or performed research relevant to the topic.
- Where the topic stands today. What is the current research, and what, if any, alternative theories challenge the topic?
If your paper is on a person it must include the following elements:
- A brief biography of the person.
- Their key contributions to the field of psychology.
- How their contributions were viewed during their time and how they are viewed today.
- Current controversies or alternatives (if any) to the person’s contributions.
- A summary in your own words of the person’s importance to the field of psychology.
- NOTE: NO PAPERS ON SIGMUND FREUD!!! He is overdone and it is impossible to do a good paper on him within 5 pages.
* The paper must be a minimum of five pages of original content. Quoted materials do not count toward the 5-page minimum, so use quoted material sparingly unless you are willing to write a longer paper.
Plagiarism: All sources must be cited, and when copying material directly from an original source it must be in quotes.