- Select one of the research studies from the choices provided below and locate it through the library using your research skills from RES 1500.
- Read the article in its entirety and complete the Quantitative Article Critique Worksheet (Links to an external site.). Detailed instructions are provided in the on-line module.
- Duvivier, B. M. F. M., Schaper, N. C., Hesselink, M. K. C., van Kan, L., Stienen, N., Winkens, B., … Savelberg, H. H. C. M. (2016). Breaking sitting with light activities vs structured exercise: a randomised crossover study demonstrating benefits for glycaemic control and insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia, 60(3), 490–498. https://dx-doi-org.tcsedsystem.idm.oclc.org/10.1007/s00125-016-4161-7 (Links to an external site.).
- Koloski, N. A., Jones, M., & Talley, N. J. (2016). Evidence that independent gut-to-brain and brain-to-gut pathways operate in the irritable bowel syndrome and functional dyspepsia: A 1-year population-based prospective study. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 44(6), 592–600. https://doi.org/10.1111/apt.13738 (Links to an external site.)
- Melchart, D., Löw, P., Wühr, E., Kehl, V., & Weidenhammer, W. (2017). Effects of a tailored lifestyle self-management intervention (TALENT) study on weight reduction: A randomized controlled trial. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy. https://dx-doi-org.tcsedsystem.idm.oclc.org/10.2147/DMSO.S135572 (Links to an external site.)
- Yap, A. F., Kwan, Y. H., Tan, C. S., Ibrahim, S., & Ang, S. B. (2017). Rhythm-centred music making in community living elderly: A randomized pilot study. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 17. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-017-1825-x (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www-ncbi-nlm-nih-gov.tcsedsystem.idm.oclc.org/pmc/articles/PMC5470187/