Seeking competent, relevant, college-level writing the stays on topic
Seeking competent, relevant, college-level writing the stays on topic and answers the questions completely. Must use questions as subheadings before each response. No maximum, seeking answers in 3 -5 paragraphs per question. Topic: Social Psychology
PSYCOLOGY ASSIGNMENT ON SECTIONS #3 – 6
This section of the assignment is designed to help you understand heuristics and the how they can inadvertently lead to erroneous judgments.
1. Play a first person shooter game online at http://psych.colorado.edu/~jclab/FPST.html. Were you surprised by the finding? What, if anything, did it tell you about your own heuristics?
2. Google and Read the Police Officer’s Dilemma article. Describe one of the major findings. Do you think the representativeness heuristic and availability heuristic explain the recent policy shootings in the media? What other factors do you think may be involved?
SECTION 4: Behavior and Attitudes
This section is designed to help you understand factors that influence our attitudes and behavior.
1. What is cognitive dissonance? Describe a time when you experienced cognitive dissonance. How do theorists suggest that people reduce dissonance? How did you reduce yours?
2. Describe the over justification effect and give an example that illustrates it.
3. Develop a question of your own around one of the concepts from the chapter that can help the class understand it better (Do not ask yes/no or True/False) questions as they do little to encourage critical
SECTION 5: Cultural Similarities & Differences
Cultural Similarities & Differences
This section is designed to help you understand and appreciate cultural similarities and differences. Speak with someone from a different culture than yourself (culture can represent a different generation, gender, race, ethnicity, differing abilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, etc. as culture can be very broad).
1. In three to five paragraphs you will share what you learned about the different culture you experienced. What were some of the similarities and differences? What aspects of their culture did you find most interesting or surprising?
SECTION 6: Conformity & Obedience
This section will help you to differentiate among different types of conformity. DEFINE Conformity and answer the two following questions in 3 – 5 paragraphs each.
1. Define: Compliance, Obedience, or Acceptance. Give an example of a time when you engaged in one of the particular forms of conformity.
2. What was one factor that decreased obedience in the Milgram studies? How much did it decrease obedience?
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper