See Resources attached for information on topic. A minumum of 350 words with references.
When pressures and temperatures become unbalanced in Earth’s atmosphere, it can produce some dramatic effects as the system tries to rebalance itself, or re-equilibrate (reach equilibrium). Many of these changes are things that are witnessed every day on a small scale in the form of weather, such as wind, rain, snow, fog, etc.
Sometimes, however, Earth’s atmosphere experiences very large imbalances which can cause massive and very disruptive change. The extreme weather events of 2011 are good examples of extreme changes in pressure and temperature that required re-balancing (equilibration). Not only did they have environmental impacts, but also disastrous consequences for the hundreds and thousands of people in their wake.
Review the Discussion resources
Then, during the week, discuss with your classmates:
- What kinds of natural imbalances might affect your region? What makes your region particularly vulnerable to these imbalances?
- Provide a specific example of a weather incident/natural disaster that occurred in your area in the past and discuss how the incident was handled by local residents and town/state officials.
- What can people in your area do to prepare for a similar incident? (Consider what can be done prior to, during, and after the disaster. Be sure to include specific details using information from the CDC and/or FEMA).
- Compare your area to that of a classmate. What environmental features do you have in common to produce similar natural disasters OR what features vary, leading to completely different disasters? Would rescue efforts differ as well?
- What predictions are being made for how climate change will impact either the frequency or intensity of future natural disasters in your area? (Hint: refer to the extreme weather and hurricane resources provided above to find information to support your ideas).
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper