- Schultz, D.P., & Schultz, S.E. (2012). A History of Modern Psychology, (Ed. 10th).
- Chapter 6, Functionalism: Antecedent Influences
- Chapter 7, Functionalism: Development and Founding
- Chapter 8, Applied Psychology: The Legacy of Functionalism
Your Discussion Forum posts this week are first and foremost a discussion of your experience, thoughts, feelings, difficulties, biases, or anything else that comes to mind, that takes you to a place of self-reflection related to the subject of Eugenics.
In your self-reflection discussion, think about the following questions and relate these to the nine virtual Eugenic exhibits that you will tour through the multimedia site, Eugenics Virtual Archives (Please note: For the Discussion Forum posts, it is to be a growth experience for each of you personally, so the response required is where this process took you in your mind, heart and soul).
Before the Initial Post:
- Tour the nine virtual exhibits in the Eugenics Virtual Archives. http://www.eugenicsarchive.org/eugenics/
- Watch the video, War on the Weak: Eugenics in America. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaH0Ws8RtSc
- Read Dudley and Gale (2002) article on psychiatry and eugenics. Attached below
- Describe 3 contributing factors from the field of psychology to the Eugenics movement in America and/or in Germany and discuss what you personally learned from the Eugenics archive.
- Briefly discuss the Dudley and Gale (2002) article and then describe how we ass professionals in our field can avoid committing similar mistakes from the past?
- Did you feel that you learned more about you as it relates to your worldview, biases, psychology or relationship with God? Discuss briefly.
- Make initial post
- 250-300 words