PART 1 – Parenting Styles
Read the descriptions of Baumrinds Parenting Styles and discuss which parenting style each of your parents displayed. Give specific examples. Which type of parent do you think you will be and why?
Write your answer in a word document and submit. Do not forget to put your name at the top.
PART 2 The Longevity Game
How long will you live? This question has been considered since individuals started thinking. You have information about your parents’ and grandparents’ longevity. Is their longevity a good indicator of your longevity or other factors as important? The Longevity Game allows you to assess your own probabilities of reaching a specific age based on your lifestyle.
and proceed with the questions. MAKE SURE YOU ENABLE FLASH PLAYER ON YOUR COMPUTER FOR GAME TO WORK!
- How long are you projected to live? _______
- Are you shocked, happy or surprised by the calculated number? Explain.
- What factors are the most positive? What factors are the most negative?
- What lifestyle factors could you change to increase your estimated longevity?
- Return to the game and change some of the lifestyle factors for which you received the largest negative numbers on the summary table. How much did these lifestyle changes affect your estimated life span?
- Are these lifestyle changes worth the effort involved in making them in order to add years to your longevity?