Purpose of assessment in this assignment we want you to use a case study to examine old-fashioned
Words limit: 2,000 words
Purpose of assessment
in this assignment we want you to use a case study to examine old-fashioned or modern prejudice. To do this your essay should include one example of prejudice that you have sourced from New Zealand or Australian textual media. This may be a newspaper or magazine article (online ok) or advertisement, but not a video. You should then explain how stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination may be operating. We want you to examine something that you are very interested in. For this reason you may investigate any topic that demonstrates prejudice. This may include prejudice related to race, ethnicity, gender, age, able-bodiedness, sexual orientation, age, and /or religious group membership.
Specifically your case study will:
· Explain how the case study you have chose is an example of old-fashioned or modern prejudice
· Discuss your case study in terms of how stereotype, prejudice and discrimination may be operating
· Indicate how you would plan an intervention program in the community to combat such discrimination.
1. Title:provide a descriptive and appropriate title for your work.
2. Introduce your case study and its focus:
· Define old fashioned or modern prejudice and why this is an important area study
· provide a roadmap to your case study (what it will contain).
3. Provide background information on your case study
· Provide a summary of your real life case study including the source and date it was published and what the item was about
· Append your example to your case study (last page)
4. Explain where and how stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination may be operating (one paragraph each)This is the main part that you need to spend your words on:
· Stereotypes: what generalizations (or mental schemas) might your example be demonstrating about a group or groups of people?
· Prejudice: how might your example demonstrate hostile or negative feeling toward a distinguishable group of people, based solely on their membership in that group?
· Discrimination: how might your example demonstrate or lead to actions (or behaviour) towards one group of people purely based on their group membership?
5. Develop an intervention plan (briefly)
· Indicate how you would plan an intervention program in the community to combat such discrimination (e.g., online, in person, in schools?).
6. Write a conclusion
· Provide a concluding section that summarizes the findings from your case study
· Provide suggestions for directions for future research
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper