Prior to completing this assignment, please read Chapter 3 carefully. View the video , and review the article “Driven to Distraction: Dual-Task Studies of Simulated Driving and Conversing on a Cellular Telephone.” Then complete the following experiments:
Attention in its different forms (e.g., selective attention, divided attention, etc.) and perception are both essential aspects of cognition. The goal of this assignment is to introduce you to the topics of attention and perception and the procedures used to study them. Keep in mind that each experiment illustrates a procedure or task that is used by scientists to understand attention and/or perception.
Your paper must begin with an introduction to the topic and must address the four bullet points below. In your paper,
- Reflect on your experience as the subject in the experiments—did your performance surprise you? Why or why not?
- Describe what your performance on the selected task tells you about attention and perception.
- Describe the extent to which the results of each experiment or procedure apply to real-life experiences and settings. Support your points with evidence from at least one peer-reviewed research article.
The Attention and Perception Paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the .
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one peer-reviewed source in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Video Link- https://fod.infobase.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?token=6012&wID=100753&plt=FOD&loid=0&w=640&h=480&fWidth=660&fHeight=530
This is what I send you and what we have to do.