Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 9 and 10 in your course textbook
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 9 and 10 in your course textbook and watch the Nutrition and Eating Disorders video. (Link provided at the end of description)
In this discussion,
- Choose one eating disorder that you read about in your textbook (PROVIDED IN ATTACHMENTS) and check the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) for current terminology and diagnostic criteria; or, you may choose to discuss any one of the currently recognized eating disorders from the DSM-5.
- Your initial posting should analyze the neurobiology of the disorder, including information on neurotransmitters/receptors and neurotransmitter systems, brain structures, nervous system pathways, and genetic, familial, lifestyle, and environmental factors.
- Discuss the impact of the eating disorder on the individual, as well as the rationale for available treatment options available for that disorder and their success or failure.
- Include treatments that are based on psychological, medical, pharmacological (drug), and other available interventions.
- Also in your discussion, imagine you are in a career position that utilizes a degree in psychology. These may include but are not limited to careers such as a social worker, teacher or teacher’s aide, child care worker, psychiatric technician or other behavioral health staff, peer support specialist, social service specialist, probation or parole officer, case manager, human resources professional, or counselor.
- How would your knowledge of the neurobiology of eating disorders help you in your professional life?
- How would this knowledge help you better assist your clients, students, or patients?
- For instance, think of how this knowledge would help reduce the stigma associated with this disorder, or how this might reinforce the need for compliance with recommended treatment.
You must use a minimum of one peer-reviewed and/or scholarly source that was published within the last five years, documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your post should be a minimum of 250 words. You may cite and reference your textbook, required or recommended reading, /or multimedia, but these will not fulfill the source requirement.
Required resource: eating disorder video https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=100753&xtid=42031
MUST USE VIDEO AND TEXTBOOK AS A RESOURCE!!
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper