Professional Research Summary
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, be sure to view the Finding an Article in the AU Library (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.Review the Graduate Research Guide for Psychology, Psychology Subject Guide, Academic Voice for Graduate Writing, and Professional Voice and Writing resources provided by the Ashford University Library and the Ashford Writing Center. You will be referencing these resources as you complete this assignment.
Psychology professionals require research and writing skills for their day-to-day work. It is important for those working in psychology to use both academic and professional writing within the appropriate settings since they differ according to the types of items created. It is also of primary importance that all claims be supported with appropriate research within the discipline. This discussion has two components:
Part 1: Visit the Ashford Online Library and find three articles of interest to you from a general area in psychology (Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Congnitive Psychology, etc). Develop an annotated bibliography using the attached template putting all citations/sources in APA format, and conclude with a summation of the topic overall based on the information from all three articles. Save this as a word document.
Part 2: In your initial post, reflect on the process of finding the articles:
- What specific issues did you encounter?
- What were the challenges in both the research and writing processes?
- How did you work to overcome the challenges in this assignment, and how might you use this experience to inform future research and writing practices?
- How were the resources in the Ashford University Library and the Ashford Writing Center useful to you during the process?
- Are there specific additional resources you would like to have for future assignments?
- Attach the annotate bibliography and summation.