PAPER ONE: Initial Research [100 points] due: Sept. 27, 2018 at 1:35pm
You will choose a topic related to health psychology. Choose your topic carefully. Your topic should be one that involves current negative health behaviors for at least some part of the population. Your topic should also be one for which sufficient research exists. You should meet with me to have your topic approved. Once you have received approval for your topic, follow the instructions below:
1. Research and read about the topic. Your research should include a minimum of seven peer reviewed scholarly papers relating to your topic.
a. ONLY SCHOLARLY SOURCES ARE PERMITTED FOR THIS PAPER!
b. Your research should include scholarship that incorporates different points of views, theories, or conclusions. Include at least two sources to satisfy this criterion.
2. Using the sources you have read, prepare a literature review that summarizes the papers you have read.
a. Your literature review should summarize each of the articles that you have chosen. You must write your own summery. You may not use the abstract of the article.
b. Your review should include a discussion of how the article contributes to an understanding of the topic you have chosen.
c. Your literature review should include each article cited appropriately in APA format.
PAPER TWO: Practical Application [100 pts] due: Nov. 27, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Using the topic you have chosen in part one, consider how the principles of health psychology can influence people to change their behaviors. Write a paper that develops a program for improving health behaviors for the topic you have chosen. Your paper should include:
1. A summary (based on your literature review) of the problem, including the negative health behaviors associated with the problem. Please cite all sources in proper APA format.
2. A set of reasonable goals for improved health behavior.
3. Using psychological principles, how you recommend those goals be reached.
4. You should explain how those recommendations are to be implemented. What societal changes would have to occur in order for the goals to be reached? What societal changes are likely to occur if the goals are achieved?
NOTE: LATE PAPERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION OF THE INSTRUCTOR. A zero will be issued for any unauthorized late paper. No exceptions! Plagiarism on any paper, or a part of any paper, is grounds for academic sanction as found in Penn State policy. Sanctions can range from failure of the paper to failure of the course. ALL INCIDENCES OF PLAGIARISM WILL BE REFERED TO THE ADMINISTRATION FOR SANCTION!
Please see me if you have questions or concerns about these assignments.