Journals must be typewritten, double spaced, size 12 font (Times New Roman or Arial), and 3 pages in length. Your journal should contain an introductory and conclusive/summary paragraph. It should be composed in an essay style format.
Topics: Select 1 or more – but no more than 3 topics (one page per topic minimum)
- Intelligence (Chapter 6): Discuss how you see yourself fitting into the one or more of the theories of intelligence (spearman’s g, Sternberg’s triarchic theory, Gardner’s multiple intelligence theory, etc.).
- Which of these ideas/theories seem to fit best with your understanding of yourself?
- Take one of the online assessments from the Supplemental Materials section on D2L. These include the Online IQ Test (Ch. 6) , Emotional Intelligence Test, Multiple Intelligences Assessment. Reflect on your experience with one or more of these assessments. Are the results you received representative of how you view yourself? Why or why not? Explain.
- What did you learn about intelligence as a result of this chapter and activities? Combine information from text, video and class lecture support your response.
- Friendship & Peer Relationships (Chapter 7): Discuss your reflections of friendships in recollection of your own experience from middle childhood or early adolescence?
- Consider the information on cliques, crowds, dominance hierarchy and peer influences from the text. Describe how you see this information either fitting or contradicting with your own development/experience. How does this impact your understanding of yourself