In Topic 5, you submitted a treatment plan for your client Eliza. Since the initial treatment plan, several changes have taken place within Eliza’s case. Since the mandatory assessment two weeks ago, you have discovered that Eliza is again on your client listing for the day due to a mandatory evaluation, with the incident report indicating that campus public safety, due to a tip from a concerned resident, found the client passed out and alone in her dorm, smelling of alcohol.
Part 1: Review the initial Treatment Plan submitted in Topic 5.
- Reassess your treatment plan diagnoses, goals, and objectives based on the new information provided.
- Fill out and submit a new treatment plan evidencing the changes made in treatment utilizing the treatment plan template provided.
Part 2: In a 1,000-1,250-word essay, answer the questions presented in a separate Word document, addressing the following:
- Examine the case and propose why the changes occurred. (I believe client was not honest when she reported the amount and frequency of her drinking.)
- Reassess the effectiveness and validity of the treatment plan. (The treatment plan is valid except she may have a drinking problem which can be found in the DSM-5)
- Discuss how the treatment plan needs to be adjusted to address the changes in the situation. ( we need to address client being found passed out and smelling of alcohol. Maybe client is in denial about her problem.)
- Justify the changes both ethically and legally.(it would not be an ethical decision if we did not send her for an evaluation.)
- Determine what the changes (obstacles) mean to the treatment plan.
- Discuss how you would evaluate the resources available for you to make a referral.(I guess determine what resources are available for people who have alcohol problems who are in college.)
- Discuss how you would communicate to the client the need for referrals to other providers.(Encourage her to address the need for an evaluation or talk to her about the dangers of binge drinking.)
- Determine which referrals you would make and which you might suggest to the client. ( you can refer client to have an alcohol evaluation, Alcoholics Anonymous, and Intensive out patient program, and individual counseling.)
- Include any instruments you would use to assess the client.( I would use the bio psycho social assessment)
I’ve attached the homework assignments that you have completed regarding this client.