In this assignment, you will be applying your knowledge of assessment in counseling to a specific scenario. Use the Resources provided and the University Library to complete the following:
- Select one of the scenarios from the Unit 9 Scenarios document in the Resources. The scenario you choose should be based on your program of study. If you are a MFT learner, please select an identified couple or family assessment tool from provided unit readings.
- Identify the primary question the assessment needs to address for your identified scenario. What is the primary presenting concern of the client or clients in your scenario?
- Provide a clear description of the assessment tool and measure of the identified problem. Use evidence from the literature to support your description.
- Describe how the assessment is scored and interpreted. In your description of the assessment’s scoring and interpretation, be certain to incorporate the measurement constructs (such as reliability and validity) you have learned about throughout this course. Be certain to discuss the ways in which the assessment is validated for use with diverse clients.
- Evaluate how the assessment is linked to the practice of counseling. As the counselor for your identified scenario, how does the assessment tool support your work as a counselor? Be certain to discuss its applicability to initial assessment. Then, go beyond initial assessment, to examine the ways you could use the assessment throughout the counseling process.
- Evaluate how the tool can be used with diverse clients as part of an ethical assessment process. How would you present the assessment results to your client or clients? Describe the process of presenting assessment results with a clear consideration of the client’s unique cultural context. Be certain to identify the relevant sections of the code of ethics for your profession (ACA, AAMFT, or ASCA).
Please use the Assignment Template listed under Resources to compose your Final Assignment paper.
- Written communication: Written communication must be free of errors so that the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
- Number of resources: Minimum of five scholarly resources (distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum).
- Length of paper: Seven to ten double-spaced, typed pages, excluding title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
PLEASE USE THIS SENERIO
The Case of Allen
Allen is a 70-year-old widowed male. He reports that he is still trying to recover from the loss of his wife, who died in an accident a year ago. He is having trouble sleeping and frequently finds himself tearful when he is alone. His children are grown and live in other states. They have expressed concern that he doesn’t seem himself and they hate seeing him lonely. They are urging him to move to be closer to one of them, but he reports that he doesn’t have the energy to pick up his life and relocate. He is seeking counseling to find out how he can move forward in his life.
PLEASE USE THIS AS THE TOOL FOR THE SENERIO ALLEN
Read Arbisi’s 2001 article, “Review of the Beck Depression Inventory-II” in The Fourteenth Mental Measurements Yearbook.
THIS IS THE TEMPLATE
[Unit and Assignment Title]
[COURSE NUMBER – NAME]
The abstract appears on a page by itself and is in single paragraph using block format and is double spaced. The abstract is a summary of your paper which allows the reader to quickly review what will be covered. Limit the abstract to 150–250 words.