- In a 1,000-1,250-word assignment, examine at least two substance abuse prevention programs in the United States.
Refer to the list of useful websites at the end of Chapter 16 to help you successfully complete your paper. Make sure you choose prevention programs and not intervention programs.
Your assignment must include the following for each program:
- A description of both the programs (who, what, and where). Make sure to include at least one family-focused treatment model used in the program.
- The goals of each program (why)
- How each program is funded (how)
- Research that indicates the effectiveness of each program including those programs with life skills associated with recovery.
- Describe factors that address community and groups at risk for substance use disorders.
- An analysis of how government involvement may enhance or hinder each program’s effectiveness.
- Describe at least one relapse prevention model that would be helpful to support and mentor a substance use client.
- Include at least four scholarly resources in addition to the textbook in your paper. Out of the four, a minimum of one scholarly resource should be referenced for each prevention program.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.