- I just found out about this assignment and I need it back asap
In this module, you learned about events that impacted the Native Americans, the Alaskan Natives, and the Latinos. Reflect on which other historical events may have had a lasting impact on these populations and how these events had a lasting impact. Think about how the events may impact a person’s trust in mental health counselors and the likelihood of his or her seeking mental health treatment. Finally, reflect on the similarities among the populations and the differences within and among the populations.
Choose one of the populations discussed in this module’s reading (Native Americans, Alaskan Natives, and Latinos). Discuss how historical events have contributed to the oppression and discrimination that this population has endured (be specific). In addition, discuss how spirituality may impact how the population conceptualizes mental illness. Remember to discuss intercultural differences when discussing historical events and spirituality.
Post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
- Analyze how historical events have contributed to the oppression and discrimination of the population.
- Analyze how spirituality may be incorporated into a treatment technique or intervention to address the mental health concerns of the chosen population.
- Reflect on the similarities among the populations and the differences among and within the populations.
- Identify at least one way that counselors can advocate for the populations discussed in this module.
Your discussion posts and all written assignments should reflect graduate-level writing skills and appropriate use of APA style, including in-text citations and references.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to the Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to a minimum of three of your classmates’ posts . Your responses should be substantive, meaning they should encourage further dialogue and discussion. You should encourage your classmates to think about other aspects of the topic, compare your response to your classmates’ responses, or ask a meaningful question to better your understanding.
Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsQuality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions16Quality of responses to classmates12Frequency of responses to classmates4Reference to supporting readings and other materials4Language and grammar4Total:40