You are to select a scholarly, peer reviewed, full-text journal article in the field of developmental psychology to read and critically analyze its content.
Full-text journal articles may be accessed online through your school library, You will have to sign in using your credentials. Once you are signed in, select a search engine (e.g. – EBSCOhost) and then select databases you want to search (e.g. – Academic Search Premier, Psychology and Behavioral Science Collection, PsycINFO).
Key points for your Journal Article Summary:
Your article needs to be peer-reviewed, which means experts in the field have reviewed it to ensure its credibility before its publication. In other words, Psychology Today is NOT an appropriate source, but the International Journal of Group Psychotherapy is. You can choose to have results limited to only those that have been peer-reviewed and those that are full-text by selecting these options when searching topics. Reading only an abstract is not sufficient for this assignment; articles must be full-text.
Your summary should include the following factors:
- What was the hypothesis for this study?
- The number of participants and their demographics.
- i.e. Was the study made up of 20 college-aged students at a small liberal arts college or 500 participants referred by inpatient psychiatric hospitals?
- Details about the methodology:
- Type of research design (i.e. correlation, naturalistic observation, cross-sectional, longitudinal, etc.)
- Assessments used
- What were the results of this study?
- What confounding variables (factors that were not controlled for but may have affected results) were there?
- What other factors should be considered when making conclusions about the results?
- What significance does this study offer the field of developmental psychology?
Include a Christian perspective on the topic using relevant Scripture to support the viewpoint.
Include in the reference page a link to the journal article for easy access.
This paper should be 2-3 pages in length (in addition to a cover page and reference page) and should meet the expectations outlined in the grading rubric.
A good example of a developmental psychology topic would include “Attachment.” Review the following full-text journal article for an example of an appropriate article on this topic: