Part 1 Discussion
Minimum 500 words count
Go to the website http://www.markwynn.com/videos/ (Links to an external site.) and watch the following two videos:
a) Private Violence (20 minutes)
b) I wish the hitting would stop # 2 (10 minutes)
After you have watched the two videos, respond to the following questions for each video separately:
- 1. What did you learn from these videos?
- 2. What aspects of your readings for this week do you see demonstrated in any of the characters in the videos? Be specific and thorough.
Summary and Reflection
Book: Crisis intervention strategies (8th ed.) Boston, MA: (Chapter 9&10)
This week your reflection paper will consist of two parts.
Having just completed the Psychological First Aid Training module online, (https://learn.nctsn.org/course/index.php?categoryid=11) what would you say was the most significant thing you learned? How will this shape your work with clients in crisis or those who have suffered trauma?
Post a one page summary and reflection on the readings for this week.
James, R. K. & Gilliland, B. E. (2017). Crisis intervention strategies (8th ed.) Boston, MA: (Chapter 9&10)
Rape and Sexual Abuse
National Coalition Against Sexual Assault (NCASA) 125 N. Enola Drive, Enola, PA 17025 Phone: (717) 728-9764 Fax: (717) 732-1575 E-mail: email@example.com
- Seeks to end sexual violence through advocacy, education, and public policy initiatives.
- Disseminates information about sexual violence, prevention, and support of victims and survivors.
RAINN: Rape Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN.org)
- One of largest anti-sexual-assault organizations with ties across the U.S. to local agencies
- Volunteer opportunities
- National sexual assault hotline, 1.800.656.HOPE
- Legislative action agenda, statistics, and recovery information.
- Online training for National Hotline affiliate centers at RAINNtrain.org
National Center for Victims of Crime (http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/Main.aspx (Links to an external site.)) has fact sheets for survivors of sexual assault (ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32369) and child sexual abuse (ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32315) that are consumer-friendly and provide helpful information on a variety of facets of these issues.