For this task, you will prepare a mock interview. Assume you were asked to interview a researcher about the merits and weaknesses of quasi-experimental designs. These designs include (a) single group post-test only designs, (b) single group pretest/posttest design, (c) single-group time-series design, (d) nonequivalent control group posttest-only design, (e) nonequivalent control group pretest/posttest design and (f) multiple-group time-series design.
Your interview should be conversational in nature and critically discuss the following questions regarding each of the major Quasi-Experimental Designs:
- What are the merits of each of the specific designs?
- When should you use each of the specific designs?
- What is the statistical analysis that is used for each of the specific designs?
- What are the limitations of each of the specific designs?
- What is one research question for each of the specific designs (using a topic area that you are interested in)?
For your mock interview, utlize all of this week’s required readings to illustrate points throughout your interview.
Length: 5-7 pages (Not including title and reference pages)
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to the topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards