For this task, you will consider the possible ethical considerations that may arise in the research study you are proposing in your Signature Assignment. In this assignment, you will review your comments related to the ethical elements of your study. But this is also a good chance to work on your problem, purpose and research questions.
Specifically, you must write a paper that addresses the following:
- Introduce your tentative problem, purpose, and research questions.
- Explain data-collection strategies that you might use to answer your research questions. Discuss factors you would consider when deciding which one to use.
- Identify the target group that you would want to recruit to participate in your study. Determine what ethical issues are associated with collecting data from this specific group.
- Are there other groups that could also be considered? Explain whether they would pose different ethical issues.
- Explain how you would gain access to and permission from this group. Would there be any conflicts of interest? Do you plan to provide compensation to participants? If so, why?
- Explain possible ethical issues that might arise if you do decide to provide compensation
- Determine how you would ensure confidentiality and mitigate any issues of coercion.
- Indicate if there are other potential data collection methods that you could use that might pose fewer ethical issues, but could still answer your research questions.
Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources.
Length: 5-7 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Chosen topic is Serial Killers. More than likely the study will have to be done as a hypothetical study rather than an actual study as there are too many hoops to jump through to actual gain permission to talk to these people.
Due February 25, 2018 by 12pm EST