For this first Module Assessment, you will examine an international, credible news story or current event related to child and/or adult dilemmas from an expert consultant’s perspective. You will be asked to develop a series of talking points for a panel discussion you have been invited to attend. As you consider your Module Assessment, please take the time to review the requirements for the Assessment as well as the time you will need for completion. Please plan your time accordingly throughout this module.
- Consider the following:
Imagine you are asked to be on a panel as an expert consultant to discuss an international, credible news story, or current event regarding children and/or adults that is being debated. You are asked to develop a series of talking points for your panel discussion.
- Identify an international, credible news story or current event regarding children and/or adults that is being debated (e.g., child labor, immigration, migration, refugees, international scores on standardized tests). Review and analyze the event/news story and apply the lens of culture and psychology.
- Review this Module’s Learning Resources and consider how these resources may inform your Module Assessment.
Assignment (5 pages excluding title page and reference page): As a consultant, you are a busy professional, so your summary will include 5–6 pages of your talking points. However, your talking points will need to be presented in paragraph form that follows proper APA format and style. Include the following: Introduction (1 page)
- A brief introduction of culture and components of culture
- Define culture and be able to describe some forms/aspects of various sample cultures
- Explain how your definition of culture applies to your news story or current event
Current Event (1page)
- Describe the international, credible news story or current event regarding children and/or adults that is being debated (e.g., child labor, immigration, migration, refugees, international scores on standardized tests)
Lifespan Development (1 page)
- Explain the cultural implications on human development based on the event-related to children and/or adults
Specific recommendations (2 pages)
- Analyze the news story and explain what you have learned about culture and psychology as it relates to addressing the situation
- Offer 2–4 specific recommendations based on culture and psychology to respond to the issues raised in the news story or event
- At least 4 different scholarly resources including peer-reviewed articles and book chapters (Note: Two of your sources may be credible web resources)
Support your Assignment by citing all resources in APA style, including those in the Learning Resources.