For the discussion this week, share why your SMART goal is important to you and your role as practitioner-scholar in the field of psychology.
- Refine Your Vision and Create SMART GoalsIn your first week in this course, you wrote a vision of your career in psychology. You will need to refine your vision and create three SMART goals for the Your Career in Psychology assignment. Your vision statement can be thought of as a general representation of your long-term career goals. The term milestone means a significant step toward a goal. However, each milestone can be seen as a goal in itself. Thus, earning your master’s degree in psychology is a milestone toward your long-term career goals, but it is itself an important goal, and will be worthy of celebration. Here are a few other comparisons between goals and milestones:
Comparison Between Goals and MilestonesGoalsMilestonesEarn my master’s degree in psychology in three years.Complete all studies and assignments for PSY5002 on time.Develop strategies to stay up to date and evaluate scholarly and professional literature and research related to key theories, authors, and best practices in technology-enhanced P–12 learning over the next three years.Join a professional association that provides professional development programs on technology-enhanced P–12.Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests accurately in the workplace in four years.Complete the course Testing and Assessment in Workplace Psychology.As important as it is to have a clear vision of your career destination, it is every bit as important to be as clear as possible on how you will get there. Therefore, it is very helpful to analyze your goals and milestones to be sure they are SMART:
- Revise your vision statement and formulate three personally meaningful and relevant educational, career, and life goals to achieve your vision. View the SMART Goals presentation to learn more about this model for creating goals.
- Write Your Discussion Post
Your Career in Psychology
What did you learn about this week that grabbed your attention or caused you to think more deeply about it? For the assignment this week, you are asked to refine your vision and create three SMART goals. Your vision statement is a general representation of your long-term career goas. The term milestone is a significant step toward a goal. However, each milestone can be seen as a goal in itself. For example, completing this class is a milestone toward completing your master’s degree.
For this discussion create a post using a minimum of 50 words and discuss at least one of your main SMART goals. Your goal is to enthusiastically share something you’ve learned with your peers, apply it to real life, and make your pin informative, concise, and engaging to your readers. Be creative!
- Share why your SMART goal is important to you and your role as practitioner-scholar in the field of psychology.
- Share how your SMART goal impact you personally, professionally, or in relevant current events.
- Share how you might be able to apply SMART goal setting in your life, personally or professionally.
- If applicable, include resources to support your post by providing links to credible or scholarly articles, videos, images, or other web resources.
- You may also create a slide show or use audio or video as your discussion post.