For the third component of your course project, write a paper with a literature review on the topic you have researched throughout the course. In your assignment, address the following:
- Write an introduction to your topic and describe its importance.
- Write a literature review related to the topic or issue you selected.
- Review what is currently known about the topic from peer-reviewed academic journals.
- For more information about literature reviews, consult the Principles and Procedures for Writing a Literature Review iGuide page, linked in the Resources.
- Evaluate research related to prenatal or postnatal development in relation to the topic you selected. As a reminder, the postnatal period should include only the first three months after birth.
- Evaluate the relationship between the literature and real-world practice in prenatal care, postnatal care, or both, as they relate to your chosen topic.
- Recommend best practices for promoting the health of newborns or infants, in relation to your chosen topic.
- Analyze the impact of prenatal care, postnatal care, or both, on family, community, or society.
- Write a conclusion to summarize what you learned and the implications for the topic you selected.
To achieve a successful experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA style and formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Use APA subheadings.
- Include a title page, abstract, table of contents, and reference list, per APA guidelines.
- Length of paper: 15–20 double-spaced pages, not including title page, table of contents, abstract, or references list.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- References: A minimum of 12 peer-reviewed resources are required.
Review your course project information and the assignment scoring guide to ensure you understand the requirements before you submit your project.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.