The assignment (1–2 pages):
- Evaluate the impact of diversity training by forensic psychology professionals—s pecifically, respond to the difference it can make and evaluate its value.
- Analyze how the provision of diversity training impacts the police department as a whole. Be specific and provide examples.
- Support your responses with references to the Learning Resources and the research literature.
- Course Text: Psychology and Policing
- Chapter 3, “Recruitment, Selection and Training”
- Book Excerpt: Rostow, C. D., & Davis, R. D. (2004). Defining the fitness-for-duty evaluation. In C. D. Rostow & R. D. Davis (Eds.), Handbook for psychological fitness-for-duty evaluations in law enforcement (pp. 65–71). Binghamton, NY: Haworth Press.
- Article: Coderoni, G. R. (2002). The relationship between multicultural training for police and effective law enforcement. FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, 71(11), 16–18. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Love, K. G., & DeArmond, S. (2007). The validity of assessment center ratings and 16 PF personality trait scores in police sergeant promotions: A case of incremental validity. Public Personnel Management, 36(1), 21-32. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: McGrath, R., & Guller, M. (2009). Concurrent validity of the candidate and officer personnel survey (COPS). International Journal of Police Science and Management, 11(2), 150–159. (Review from Week 2). Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Simmers, K. D., Bowers, T. G., & Ruiz, J. M. (2003). Pre-employment psychological testing of police officers: The MMPI and the IPI as predictors of performance. International Journal of Police Science & Management, 5(4), 277–294. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Steinheider, B., Wuestewald, T., & Bayerl, P. (2006). The effects of participative management on employee commitment, productivity, and community satisfaction in a police agency. Conference Papers-International Communication Association, 1–42. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Wang, Y. R. (2006). Does community policing motivate officers at work and how? International Journal of Police Science & Management, 8(1), 67–77. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: White, M. D., & Escobar, G. (2008). Making good cops in the twenty-first century: Emerging issues for the effective recruitment, selection and training of police in the United States and abroad. International Review of Law Computers & Technology, 22(1–2), 119–134. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Government Document: U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. (n.d.). Facts about the Americans with disabilities act. Retrieved from http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/fs-ada.html