- Corey (2016) raises the question as to whether there are problem clients or just problem leaders. Is it correct to label a client as problematic, or should we identify problem behaviors instead?
For this task you will write a paper in which you compare and contrast the viewpoints of Corey and Yalom. Address the following issues in your paper:
- How different or similar are Corey’s viewpoint of successful factors in groups as compared to Yalom’s ideas of therapeutic factors?
- Yalom’s studies on therapeutic factors are now nearly a decade old. Does current research support his findings?
- When Corey talks about problem behaviors, and Yalom talks about problem clients how different or similar are their viewpoints? Explain and give examples.
- Summarize your paper by drawing a conclusion as to whether there are significant differences between the viewpoints of these two scholar practitioners or if they are speaking about different phenomena in perhaps a different set of terms?
Support your analysis with at least three other articles published in peer-reviewed journals in the past five years.
Length: 5-7 pages (Not including title and reference pages)
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Corey, G. (2016). Theory and practice of group counseling
(9th ed). Boston, MA: Cengage
Krug, O. T. (2009). James Bugental and Irvin Yalom two masters of Existential Therapy cultivate presence in the therapeutic encounter.