Based on the research study you selected for the course project in the Unit 2 assignment and the deconstruction work you have completed on the study through the course assignments, write a scientific merit paper. In your paper, address the following:
- Evaluate how your chosen research study advances the scientific knowledge base of your identified field of study.
- Evaluate how your specific research study contributes to research theory and the field of study.
- Evaluate how the scientific methods of inquiry are applied to your specific research study.
- Evaluate the validity and reliability (if quantitative) or credibility and dependability (if qualitative) of your selected research study.
- Assess strategies for addressing ethical concerns in the design of the research study.
- Apply the terminology of research.
- Demonstrate both the depth and the breadth of your understanding of scientific research and scientific merit by including relevant examples and supporting evidence.
- Title page link: Include the persistent link to your chosen research study on the title page of your paper.
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication that conveys the overall goals of the project. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
- APA formatting: Use current APA style and formatting for resources and citations, also including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of 7 scholarly resources. It is expected that one of these resources will be your chosen and approved research study, and that another resource will be your required textbook for this course, Practical Research: Planning and Design, by Leedy and Ormrod.
- Length of paper: 10–12 typed, double-spaced pages, not counting references, block quotes, or the title page. Neither an abstract nor a table of contents is required, but if they are included, they also do not count as part of the page length requirement.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point. The margins must be one inch on all four sides.
Refer to the project description and the assignment scoring guide to make sure you meet the requirements of this assignment.
Submit your file in the assignment area.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.