At this point, you will now finalize the paper you have been working on over the past several weeks. Your work in the previous assignments has prepared you for this assignment, and has given you:
- The outline of the paper
- The introduction
- The literature review which examines specific components or tenets of the theory and criticisms and advantages of the theory
- The application of the selected theory to the real-world topic you chose in Module 1
In this assignment, you will pull the pieces together into a cohesive paper that you will submit as a final paper. In order to do so, write a conclusion section that synthesizes the points made in the paper and conveys their significance to the field of personality theory. The conclusion can also point to implications for practice or further research on the personality theory and the situation you have analyzed. A strong conclusion section is typically one or two focused, well-developed paragraphs. Your conclusion should not exceed three paragraphs.
Once you have written the conclusion, create an abstract page that contains a single paragraph (150- to 250-word) summary of your paper that is accurate, coherent, and concise. Consult 2.04 Abstract (pp. 25-27) of the APA Manual, especially the end of this section which contains specifications on where the abstract should appear in a paper and how it should be formatted. Make any adjustments to the other sections of the paper, based on the feedback provided by your instructor from earlier assignment submissions. Finally, before submitting the final paper, review your work to ensure your paper is formatted in APA style, based on the guidelines of the APA manual. Also check for proper organization, logical structure, grammar, and style, so you can put your best work forward for this major course assignment.
- Your assignment should be approximately 1,000-1,500 words in length.
- Your assignment should include a title page and a reference list page, and be completed in Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, with appropriate header, page numbers, one-inch margins, and meet all other requirements of APA style.
- Please use at leas 5 appropriate scholarly references formatted in the most current APA format.
- An abstract is not required.
- Please refer to the rubric associated with this assignment for detailed guidance about expectations and grading.
- Please submit this assignment through D2L by 11:59PM Central Time on Sunday.