Assignment: Scholar Practitioner Project Assignment: Models of Addiction and Treatment
- Assignment: Scholar Practitioner Project Assignment: Models of Addiction and Treatment
For this Assignment, you will explore the four models most commonly used in the treatment of addiction. You will select the most appropriate model to use and apply in your SPP. As a helping professional, it will be important for you to be familiar with these four models and prepared to work within their frameworks.
You will submit your selected models of addiction and treatment for your Scholar Practitioner Project (SPP). Refer to the “Instructions for Scholar Practitioner Project (SPP) Case Study” (attached) document.
In a 2- to 4-page APA-formatted paper:
Submit the models of addiction and treatment that you selected for your Scholar Practitioner Project (SPP) Case Study as it applies to the case of Marge (attached). Include the following information:
- Selected model of addiction
- Potential strengths and limitations of this model of addiction
- Selected model of treatment
- Potential strengths and limitations of this model of treatment
- Provide a rationale for each of your selections
- Provide a summary of any potential dilemmas you might encounter working with the model selected
References (use at least 2 or more)
Doweiko, H. E. (2015). Concepts of chemical dependency (9th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage.
Kolind, T., Vanderplasschen, W., & De Maeyer, J. (2009). Dilemmas when working with substance abusers with multiple and complex problems: The case manager’s perspective. International Journal of Social Welfare, 18(3), 270–280.
Vanderplasschen, W., Wolf, J., Rapp, R. C., & Broekaert, E. (2007). Effectiveness of different models of case management for substance-abusing populations. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 39(1), 81–95.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper