- Assignment: Reflection: Synthesis
You have accomplished a lot in the past 5 weeks of this course—exploring many fascinating faith traditions from around the world and from ancient history through to the modern day. You’ve learned to see religion not just as a fixed set of rituals, but as an interrelationship between people, religious spaces, religious actions, religious beliefs, and the earthly connection to the Divine in its many interpretations. In this Reflection, you will consider your whole experience in this course and what you will apply to your own life after this course concludes.
Questions about this Assignment? Post them in the Contact the Instructor area. That way, everyone in the class will see, and benefit from, the Instructor’s response.
To prepare for this Reflection:
- Consider how you have grown in knowledge and religious perspective since the beginning of the course.
- Reflect on how this course impacts your own beliefs and identity and what perceptions and actions you will take with you once this course concludes.
By Day 7
Compose a 1- to 2-page reflective paper in which you do the following:
- Identify three major concepts or perceptions about world religions that you have either gained or changed from this course.
- Explain in detail how you viewed each concept or perception at the inception of the course, how you view them now, and how this impacts your identity, beliefs, and life.
If something comes up that might prevent you from submitting your Reflection on time, e-mail your Instructor immediately! Your Instructor’s contact information is in the Instructor area.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK6Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Reflection Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 6 Assignment link.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK6Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 6 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 6 Assignment
Week in Review
In this final week you analyzed how insights gained in world religions can assist in putting events in the Middle East into a more objective perspective and how the diversity of world religions has the potential to reduce conflict. You also synthesized your learning about world religions, past and present, and explained how it impacts your identity, beliefs and your life.
Congratulations! After you have finished all of the assignments for this week, you have completed the course. Please submit your Course Evaluation by Day 7.