Assignment: Berger, K. (2016). Invitation to the Life Span. New York, New York: Worth Publishers.
- Chose an issue that is commonly faced by adolescents. For instance you could chose to look at: peer pressure, bullying, body image, friendships or romantic relationships, sexual identity, drug or alcohol use.
- In 4 pages, describe the issue, including why this issue impacts the adolescent population in particular. Discuss how themes of biological development, cognitive development, and psychosocial development of adolescence impact that issue.
For instance if you were looking at the topic of “academic difficulty during adolescence”, you would then go on to describe how aspects of biosocial development, cognitive development, and psychosocial development impact “academic difficulty during adolescence”. Examples of this might include:
- biosocial development (ex. brain development, sleep, nutrition),
- cognitive development (ex. egocentrism, formal operational thought),
- psychosocial development (ex. friendships, peer groups, relationships with adults)
Ensure that your answers are thoroughly supported by using your textbook and at least two additional scholarly sources.
- Length: 4 pages (not including cover or reference pages), formatted in APA Style
- APA Style Cover Page
- APA Reference Page
- Introductory Paragraph: setting forth a clear statement of your thesis.
- Conclusion: a concise statement that reaffirms your thesis.
- References: Cite your textbook as well as at least 2 other scholarly sources.