Assignment 3: Effective Organizational Training Programs
Given the changing employee demographics and rapid updates to technology, it is important for organizations to link training and development to the needs and preferences of its workforce. Training facilitates acquisition of new knowledge and skills, and development facilitates the ability to handle future responsibilities. Continual training helps ensure that employees have the skills, information, and motivation required to successfully achieve organizational objectives.
Based on the company you chose for your discussion question this week, create a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation which includes the following:
- Summarize the current organizational training program.
- Explain why you believe the organization’s current training model is effective or ineffective
- Present an idea for a new training program or component to the existing training program which would promote employee engagement
- Explain why the new program or component would be effective
- Describe the desired outcomes of the new training program/component
The speaker notes section will be used to provide an explanation of each slide. APA format should be followed.
Due by Wednesday, November 21, 2018, post your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Grading Criteria Maximum PointsSummarized the current organizational training program.15Explained why the current training model is effective or ineffective.20Presented idea for a new training program or component which would promote employee engagement.20Explained why the new program or component would be effective.20Explained the desired outcomes of the new training program/component.15Applied current APA standards for editorial style, expression of ideas, and format of text, citations, and references.10Total:100