Hide Submission Folder InformationSubmission FolderM4 Assignment 2 SubmissionInstructions
Assignment 2: Diagnosing Organizational Systems Report
An organizational assessment is the process evaluation of the various areas within the organization in terms of what is working well and what could be changed. An organizational assessment determines how organizational factors in the internal environment affect the competitive situation. It is a full system view of where the organization stands in order to maximize the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness in achieving its mission. When viewed as an open system, an organization can be diagnosed at three levels: the organizational level, the group level, and the individual level.
For this assignment, you will complete an activity designed to simulate the process of evaluating an organization and selecting or designing and conducting an organizational assessment.
For this activity, identify an organization to diagnose. It is best to select an organization where you are currently or were previously employed. Think of this organization as a system. Include the following in 4–5 pages:
- Identify and document all of the following at the organizational level: (1–2 pages)
- The organization’s mission/purpose
- All inputs from the system
- All outputs from the system
- All processes your organization performs to transform inputs to outputs
- Organizational environments
- Organizational alignment
- Feedback mechanisms to determine correctness or performance measures
- Develop an organizational assessment tool (ten questions) at the individual level. This can be a format of your choosing, such as a written questionnaire or a SurveyMonkey form. (1–2 pages)
- Identify a situation in your organization to be assessed. It should consider funding streams, workflow processes, organizational structure, outcome measurement, client satisfaction, employee turnover, the capacity for change, etc. Develop questions you believe will assess the situation effectively. Again, write ten questions in total for your tool.
- Explain your rationale for your approach in developing the questions.
- Explain how you would administer the tool to the employees in your chosen organization. For example, is this a one-time event, an annual survey, or an as-needed assessment? Note: You do not have to administer the tool; just develop a plan for administering it.
- Assess and explain your organization’s capacity to change and achieve greater effectiveness including financial performance, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Select an appropriate communication and feedback method for how you would want to present the assessment and intervention results to your identified organization.
- Turn in a copy of the tool you created along with your paper.
Your final product will be a Microsoft Word document approximately 10–12 pages in length. Utilize four to five scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.