- In order to fulfill all parts of this assignment, you must complete and submit the Week Three Assignment Worksheet. This assignment is meant to help you get your Final Project started by
- Focusing on your topic.
- Determining the direction of your project by writing a thesis statement.
- Choosing the events that you will discuss in your Final Project.
- Locating the sources that you need for your Final Project.
To complete the worksheet, address the following points:
- Pick a topic.
- Choose four specific events related to your topic
- Locate two primary sources and two secondary sources.
- Write a thesis.
On the worksheet, you will find links to examples and explanations for all parts of the assignment. If you need more help, you may want to look at a sample completed worksheet to help you get started. For help locating primary sources refer to the to help you get started. For help locating primary sources refer to the HIS206: Primary Sources Research Guide.
Reflect: Reflect on what you found interesting, surprising, or confusing in this past week. Did anything that you learned cause you to understand an issue and event differently? Have you discovered any habits or tips that help you to complete your course work more effectively or efficiently?
Consult The Anatomy of a Discussion Board (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. as well as Critical Thinking: A Guide to Skillful Reasoning (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. as you formulate your response.
Write: This discussion forum is an opportunity for you to explore topics that interest you, share critical insights and questions that you are working with, share your struggles and triumphs, and discuss difficulties that may have arisen this week, hopefully finding solutions. Your initial post should describe your experiences in the course this past week, prompting further discussion. You should address at least two of the following questions:
- What struck you in particular as you explored the course materials this week?
- What insights have you had?
- What have you been struggling with?
- What questions have come up for you at this point?
- Do you have any helpful tips that you’ve picked up in this course or in a past course?
- Do you have questions about the assignment that your classmates might be able to help with? (If you have a question for the instructor, be sure to contact your instructor through email or in the Ask Your Instructor Forum)