Assignment 1: Discussion—Memory Models
- Assignment 1: Discussion—Memory Models
Learning about the structure of memory can improve your study skills. In this assignment, you will discuss the academic applications of memory models and try to apply the principles to yourself. Use the readings for the module and the terminology of the subject and respond to these questions:
- You are a teaching assistant for an undergraduate history class and need to prepare a test. You want evidence to show that students know the material well. What kind of test would you prepare? What kind of test do you think requires the most in-depth knowledge? Why?
- As Dan took his history test, he could not recollect many of the dates he had studied. Dan had memorized some important dates just before the test. While he was doing this, he was also talking on the phone. Which of Dan’s memory stores—sensory memory, short-term memory (STM), or long-term memory (LTM)—do you think were most affected by his phone conversation? Why? Could Dan have done something differently to prevent forgetting the dates? Explain.
- Identify two different kinds of mnemonic devices that could help Dan remember dates for his history test. Explain how they could be used.
- Melissa is disappointed that she received yet another “D” on a test. She studied for several hours by reading and rereading her textbook and class notes. Based on the levels-of-processing memory theory, explain why Melissa’s method of studying was not very effective? What could she have done differently?
- Using Baddeley’s working memory model, give an example of two tasks that could successfully be performed simultaneously (For example, can you listen to music while studying at the same time?). Discuss two other tasks that probably would interfere with each other. Make sure to discuss your answers in terms of the visuospatial scratchpad, the phonological loop, and the central executive.
Write your initial response in 4–5 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper