As mentioned in the unit introduction, at the core of psychology in practice is the use of techniques, strategies, and best practices based on the highest quality research available (APA, 2014). It is not enough to locate research related to your topic. The research must be relevant to your particular problem or situation and present valid findings that you may apply in the field. For this discussion, respond to the following questions:
- What three peer-reviewed articles did you find related to your research question? Give a short summary and provide the APA citation for each article.
- This is like the work you would do for an annotated bibliography. (See Annotated Bibliography linked in the Resources.)
- How did you determine whether an article was relevant to your research question?
- What strategies did you use to ensure the articles you located were worthy of use in psychology practice?
- What criteria did you use to evaluate the authority, credibility, and scholarliness of the articles within the field of psychology?
- Do you see any themes emerging from your analysis of the three articles?
- Ethics Case Studies by Specialization.
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
- Attributes and Evaluation of Discussion Contributions [DOC].
- Professional Communications and Writing Guide [PDF].
- Research Definition [DOCX].
American Psychological Association. (2014). What do practicing psychologists do? Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/about-psychologists.a