- Are investigators in tune with the differences between the personalities of a psychopathic spy and a nonpsychopathic spy? If not, who else might be in tune with these types of spies? Wait, that’s us—forensic psychologists! We are the experts in psychopathy!
You cannot get through a graduate program in forensic psychology without researching seminal works on the construct of psychopathy, such as Hervey M. Cleckley’s work and Robert D. Hare’s Psychopathy Checklist. If you are not familiar with the construct of psychopathy, be sure to research the term in the University online library resources. Research found in peer-reviewed psychological journals can provide you with knowledge on this construct and the leading researchers in the field.
Using at least three scholarly resources from the professional literature, research the construct of psychopathy and methods for interrogating psychopaths. Consider how a forensic psychologist could assist a CI investigator in distinguishing a psychopathic spy from a nonpsychopathic spy. The literature may include the University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
Create a 5- to 7-page paper responding to the following:
- Summarize the results of your research to demonstrate your understanding of the construct of psychopathy. Be sure to cite your sources in APA format.
- Once you have presented a thorough working knowledge of psychopathy, explain how it may affect the actions of those who will try to commit treason. What psychopathic traits might be useful to have in CI investigators who have to interrogate these individuals?
- Imagine you are the consulting psychologist to a CI investigator who is about to interrogate a suspect. This suspect has demonstrated many of the traits you have learned are associated with psychopathy.
- How would you advise the investigator?
- What interrogation strategies would you suggest? Consider the ethical implications of these strategies.
- By Wednesday, August 16, 2017
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Articulated the construct of psychopathy, demonstrating in-depth research.||20|
|Explained how psychopathy influences the actions of those who try and commit treason.||20|
|Identified psychopathic traits possibly useful in CI investigators who have to interrogate individuals engaging in treason.||12|
|Recommended sound interrogation strategies to address the psychopathic nature of the suspect.||12|
|Employed appropriate nomenclature in your assertions.||12|
|Described relevant ethical concerns in detail, supporting statements with valid research.||16|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||8|