- Analysis of Legislation or Policy and Theory with Topic
For this assignment, you will submit a paper that includes these two parts:
- Analyze the policy or legislation related to the child or adolescent development topic that you selected in the Unit 3 assignment.
- Research and summarize the topic to provide the basis for your analysis.
- Analyze theory in relation to your topic and your chosen policy/legislation on specific areas of child and adolescent development.
- Apply Bronfenbrenner’s systems theory framework or another relevant theory to your chosen topic and to the ways policy or legislation impact child or adolescent development.
- Consider specific child or adolescent areas of development (for example, cognitive, social, emotional, physical, or other area) that may be impacted by policy or legislation.
Refer to the Analysis of Legislation or Policy and Theory with Topic Scoring Guide to ensure you meet all the project requirements and evaluation criteria for these two parts. You will revise these assignment parts after you receive feedback from your instructor and then incorporate them in your final paper, due in Unit 10.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Any resources or citations must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting. Refer to Capella’s Writing Center for more information.
- Length of paper: 3–4 typed double-spaced pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.