- After reading Psychological Testing and Assessment Chapters 1 and 2, “The Mismeasure of Man,” and the APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists Standard 9: Assessment in the module resources, write a short paper that considers the following questions:
- How do psychological tests differ; what are the different types?
- How are they used, in what settings are they used, and by whom are they used?
- What are limitations of tests? How might testing be misused?
- What are the legal and ethical issues related to testing?
- For additional details, please refer to the Psychological Testing Short Paper Guidelines and Rubric document uploaded below
It is unlikely that you have not had some type of experience with testing or assessment, such as a driving test, a pre-employment honesty test, or a college admissions test. In two to three paragraphs, briefly recount both a positive and a negative experience you have had with any type of testing or assessment and evaluate your experiences using the following guiding questions:
- Referring to course concepts and psychometrics, what made your experience positive?
- Referring to course concepts and psychometrics, what negative experiences did you have?
- How could the negative experiences have been improved? Relate your answer to course theory and concepts.
- How do you think these lessons learned could apply to psychological assessment and testing?
- For additional details, please refer to the Your Experience with Tests Journal Guidelines and Rubric document uploaded below