COVID-19 effects on drug usage in teens.
DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS
Even the most focused research question may contain within it a series of more fundamental and related questions. Once these are determined, the researcher must then determine the kinds of information necessary to answer them. In this assignment, you will identify how you would conduct your study of the best practice model you proposed earlier in the quarter. From there identify a series of evaluation questions which you would propose as an evaluation design. You will also begin to identify the kinds of data you will need, from whom you will gather it, and which methods you will apply to your proposed study.
For your research questions, identify what type of data you will collect in order to address your research question. You will be answering these questions:
- Who will your participants be?
- Is the data quantitative or qualitative in natureâ€”should it be in the form of numbers or words?
- What methods might you apply to glean the information that you seek?
- What instruments, measures, or tools would you use in your study?
- Also, identify how you would analyze the data that you collect. Will you be conducting statistical analyses of any kind? Or, will you be using coding and categorizing? Will you be using any computer software to assist with the analysis?
- Finally, consider the results of the study. Who should know about these results? How will you present them?
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following EPAS and practice behaviors:
C4: Engage In Practice-informed Research and Research-informed Practice
- C4.GP.B Apply critical thinking to engage in analysis of quantitative and qualitative research methods and research findings.
Include the following components in your paper:
- Research Question
- Restate your overarching research question.
- Evaluate critical sub-questions related to a primary research question. In other words, what questions require answers in order to address the primary question?
- Propose a relevant pool of participants.
- Justify data sources (artifacts, literature, et cetera) relevant to a given research problem. Are you seeking information represented by numbers or words? Stated differently, are you interested in quantitative, qualitative data, or both? Describe these.
- Data Collection
- Analyze contextually appropriate data-collection tools.
- Data Interpretation
- Evaluate the approach to relevant data interpretation. Be sure to explain why you have selected this approach. Consider whether you will use any computer software or programs to assist with the data analysis.
- Audience and Medium
- Assess the appropriate audience and medium for final data analysis. Include how you propose to present them and what format would be most appropriate to communicate your results to your audience.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current Evidence and APA standards.
- Length of paper: 3â€“ï»¿4 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Due date: Assignment must be submitted to your instructor in the courseroom no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday of this week.